Defensive Handgun 3 Instructor
The goal of the SAFTEA’s Defensive Handgun 3 Course is to provide the instructor candidate the ability to understand the fundementials and advanced movements of this disipline.
Defensive Handgun 3 consists of a full day of intense classroom & range training and instruction covering a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- Movement-barricade-slicing the pie-45,9,45
- Low light
- Team Tactics
- Civilian Vehicle Counter Ambush
- Presentation from alternate holsters (bags, ankle, appendix etc.
- Advanced Malfunctions (One handed manipulations)
- Close Quarters
- Transition handgun to long gun
- A modern, serviceable, center-fire handgun (Semi-Automatic Pistol or Double Action Revolver .38 special or 9mm or above.)
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- Strong Side Holster – For safety reasons on the range our classes will use Strong Side Holsters only! - (No cross draws, shoulder rigs, pocket holsters, ankle, appendix or small of the back carry). Blackhawk Serpa and similar holsters which require the use of the index finger to deactivate a retention device will not be used in SAFTD classes. The ONLY exception is for Law Enforcement & Military who are issued these types of holsters for duty use.
- No pocket guns such as Ruger LCP etc. You will be presenting the gun from concealment and re-holstering repeatedly. You need to be proficient at this task and have a holster that does not collapse when the gun is removed.
- 175 rounds of Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS, specialty or novelty ammo such as RIP ammo etc.
- Two extra functional magazines (semi-autos - 3 total) or speed-loaders (revolvers)
- Dual Magazine carrier optional but HIGHLY recommended.
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
- Sturdy Belt
- Baseball Cap
The Defensive Handgun 3 Instructor course length is a full day, typically taking 8 – 10 hours including a 1-hour scheduled lunch break. A short break is given after each hour of instruction (approximately).
Click here to: Find a Class Near you.